Ali's Book - Programming in D

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 18:05:30 UTC 2021

On Friday, 10 September 2021 at 14:21:12 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> tldr; Yes, it's print-on-demand and 2019 is correct for the
> current print edition. I would download the PDF version from
> ddili.org.

> D version: 2.094.2
> Book revision: 2021-02-26

Off the top of your head, do you know how much difference there
is between the 2019 and 2021 version?

I'm asking all this because I thought it would be a good idea to
have an analog copy handy for those times when I'm in need of
reading material to keep me occupied during... um... those
moments when I'm trapped in a small room with nothing to do but
stare at the towel rack. I thought of printing out bits of the
PDF, but wanted to explore the analog option first.

> Although I am very happy with the appreciation it gets, of
> course there are many parts of the book that I want to improve.
> Some parts even make me cringe. :)

Well, that's just typical of any writer, Ali. :) Any artist,
really. I know your pain, sir.

On another note, I've been thinking about rewriting the GtkD
Coding blog as a book sometime down the road, so after your
remarks, I'm curious as to what the restriction is on how often
the raw material can be updated.