Development of the foundation of a programming language

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 13:28:31 UTC 2021

On Monday, 13 September 2021 at 00:53:06 UTC, leikang wrote:
> I want to contribute to the development of the dlang language,
> but I feel that I am insufficient, so I want to ask the big
> guys, can I participate in the development of the Dlang
> language after learning the principles of compilation?

In addition to what others have said: there are many ways you can
contribute to D without needing to know anything about compiler
internals. For example, you could fix one of the many [known bugs
in the standard library][1], or improve the documentation.

In general, there are more things that need to be done in D than
there are people with the time to do them, so any contribution is
valuable.

[1]:
https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&component=phobos&list_id=237469&resolution=---&version=D2