MobI? Really?

wjoe invalid at example.com
Wed Sep 22 15:21:15 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 21 September 2021 at 16:14:52 UTC, Chris_D wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> jfondren: Sorry, but I am talking about documentation.  For me,
> online web pages don't qualify; they are in the cloud, unreal,
> with no substance.  Does anyone really read 300 pages online,
> in a web browser?  Of course not.

I do, too.
HTML is a markup language specifically created to present text on
the screen and it is very portable. There's no online requirement
for viewing HTML either.
A browser is an excellent tool to read it and is installed on
every platform and device by default.
But it is easily converted or displayed by other software.
HTML is also what ddoc or any other documentation tools generate.
On windows it can be compiled and has a searchable index.

But I share your distaste for online-only documentation. However,
since it's conveniently installed into
/usr/share/doc/dmd-[version]/html/d/index.html on my Linux box,
it's available offline.

You may want to have a look on your hard drive. I'm quite certain
you've got a local installation, too.