0 cost template instantiation

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 02:13:11 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 30 September 2021 at 02:09:50 UTC, Hipreme wrote:
> I could reduce by almost 100kb of code by instead of using the
> former option, I use:

yes this is what id o you can list the Ts in an interface too.
see my simpledisplay.d `interface GL` for example

> I do still don't think that this should be the answer, as the
> alias problem is not yet  solved. It takes a lot of size for
> functions that could be only syntactic sugar, where C would be
> a lot better

well it must generate functions for each thing there by
definition and since you call them at runtime it can't cut them
out either. so this is kinda meh

you MIGHT  be able to do a tempalte that forwards to a single
runtime function though. but i seriously need to g2g maybe can
look tomorrow