How to use destroy and free.

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:51:08 UTC 2022

On Monday, 25 April 2022 at 10:13:43 UTC, Alain De Vos wrote:
> Ali, thanks for the answer but i rephrase my question.
> How to destroy,free , for garbage-collection-cycle in the
> destructor of this code :
>
> // But How to force destroy and free , GC-cycle for heap object
> i ?

Short answer: use `destroy`. Long answer: don't do that.

https://dlang.org/spec/class.html#destructors

GC is not guaranteed to call destructors, and in fact it may run
into situations when it can't (i.e. objects pointing to one
another). Neither does it specify in what order destructors of
GC-allocated objects are run (when they are run). If you need
deterministic destruction e.g. for resource management, do not
use GC.