Linked list, printing looks destructive.

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 15:18:08 UTC 2022

On 4/25/22 03:48, Salih Dincer wrote:

 > It is also possible with the copy constructor of a struct. I don't know
 > how to do with class...

Classes don't have language provided construction because nobody needs
it and in fact they have to protect themselves when a language provides
it. (See, e.g. C++'s slicing problem:
https://isocpp.github.io/CppCoreGuidelines/CppCoreGuidelines#Rc-copy-virtual
) [1]

In case you want to copy a class object, you must provide a function
yourself, which may be called anything you want or 'dup' to match with a
name used by D.

Ali

Off-topic rant: It frustrates me when C++ programmers shun D because it
is "a language with reference types" as told to me by a well-known C++
speaker. I guess they should attempt to read C++'s core guidelines to
understand how a polymorphic class makes it an accident to pass its
objects by value.