MMFile usage

Alex Burton a at b.com
Thu Aug 4 00:35:55 UTC 2022

Hi,
I want to use MmFile to manage memory mapped files. I want
multiple processes to be able to read in many files using the
virtual memory system to page them in and reuse the memory.

If I read the contents of the file, I can cast it to immutable
and then I get segfaults when accessing the data.

Or I have to .dup the data, causing memory allocation in addition
to the paging to get the data in the first place.

Is this special memory not managed by the GC ? Do I need to keep
all the MmFile references around to avoid segfaults ?
Alex