raylib-d Gamepad Detection Fails

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 01:12:17 UTC 2022

On 11/30/22 7:28 PM, jwatson-CO-edu wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 November 2022 at 23:18:33 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 30 November 2022 at 22:46:52 UTC, jwatson-CO-edu wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have this small [gamepad input test
>>> program](https://github.com/jwatson-CO-edu/nanoverse/blob/main/d/raylib/04_jsInput/source/app.d).
>> Which OS and wich controllers are you using?
>>
>> You might want to open an issue on the raylib-d repo:
>> https://github.com/schveiguy/raylib-d/issues
>
> I tested on Ubuntu 22.04 and Linux Mint 20 with an older GameSir brand
> wired XBox controller.  Built with Raylib 2.4.0 and raylib-d 2.4.1.
>
> I know that the author monitors the forum.  So, I will open an issue if
> he does not point out something obvious that I missed.

Do you have that version correct? I'm assuming you mean raylib 4.2.0 and
raylib-d 4.2.1?

Highly recommend to update to raylib-d 4.2.4, and use the the Linux
raylib-d:install as that now works (and will properly grab the correct
raylib library from the repository for you).

For your specific problem, I would say that if it's not working, it's
not a problem specifically with raylib-d, but with raylib. Such
functions are just prototypes in raylib-d, the C library does the
implementation.

This would probably be best actually to discuss either on the raylib
discord (there's a raylib-d channel) or open an issue in my repository.
Raylib does a lot of logging things, you can probably see if your
gamepad is detected.

-Steve