arsd.jni

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 11 16:09:50 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 10 December 2022 at 22:53:14 UTC, jni wrote:
> Friends, I have decided to use D lang to link with the Android
> NDK. I can make an app that can use the android platform's
> functions and the android site says they are available in C for
> linux and windows! Making apps in android studio or 2 other
> programs I have used before is easy but now I require D because
> of the advantages  quality innovations I have written inside a
> D library, second I would use the D std library for using curl,
> and it needs to be in an apk for now and maybe in the years to
> come I will switch to using a binary executable. As you can
> see, linking with the NDK from D is the one possible outcome.
>
> [...]

Always prefer to use Java code instead of NDK library code. I'm
not saying to not use D, I'm saying that using NDK libraries such
opensl es, asset manager, other ones are really trickier to use.
If you're just starting to code for android ndk, prefer doing the
work inside java and using D to call the java method that you
need. This is the main advice I can give you. And `never` use
native activity. Too much work for nothing.