Confusion about `Random`

jwatson-CO-edu real.name at colorado.edu
Wed Dec 28 01:25:50 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 25 December 2022 at 14:47:49 UTC, Siarhei Siamashka
wrote:
> Just in case if you are not joking, caching a certain amount of
> dice rolls to reuse them later in a circular fashion would make
> a bad quality pseudorandom number generator (a slightly
> upgraded version of the xkcd joke). Don't do this.

Naturally.  I was joking, and I was also describing the erroneous
behavior of the parser of the language I was writing; which was
to substitute/cache a randomly generated number into a concrete
syntax tree when interpreted, instead of making actual calls to
the RNG at runtime, which is the correct (now current) behavior.
The joke was that I automated the manual dice-rolling part to
arrive more efficiently at the incorrect solution.