Will it be possible to write a GCC frontend in D?

rempas rempas at tutanota.com
Wed Feb 23 19:58:45 UTC 2022

I'm using a book called "modern compiler design (version 2)" to
learn how to create compiler and I thought about learning and
applying this knowledge on writing a GCC frontend just for fun to
see where this gets me. However, I've seen some tutorials and
I've seen people doing it in C++. Now, I want to do it in D (of
course!). My problem is that I don't if the headers are using C++
features because If this is possible then I won't be able to use
ImportC to "automatically" get bindings to use in D. Any ideas?