std.process execute always returns -11 on linuxkit kernel

Bogdan contact at szabobogdan.com
Fri Feb 25 10:46:09 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build dub in a docker container on a Mac M1 and
unfortunately all processes started with the `execute` function
from `std.process` always fails with -11. Because of this the
`build.d` or `dub` are unusable on this environment.

The container that I am using is stared like this:

docker run -it  --platform linux/amd64 --volume \`pwd\`:/app
ubuntu:21.04

and it does not matter if I use ldc or dmd, this makes me think
that is an issue with the kernel itself.

So far I was able to find out that the segfault happens in the
child process while calling the poll function:

https://github.com/dlang/phobos/blob/master/std/process.d#L1069

Does anyone know how I could debug/fix this issue?

Bogdan