compiler fails with fatal error LNK1318: Unexpected PDB-error: OK (0) ""

frame frame86 at live.com
Tue Jan 4 06:40:39 UTC 2022

On Monday, 3 January 2022 at 09:20:57 UTC, Simon wrote:
> OOOOoops this went into the wrong forum! Sorry! I will repost
> this as a compiler issue, any moderator feel free to delete
> this post.

I got a similar issue once if a process (symbol server registry
or something) locked the PDB files and the linker wasn't able to
update the file but silently ignores it.

However, this doesn't smell like a compiler issue. Manually
removing all PDB files could help. Those may are cached in some
temp folders outside the project too.