Module without object file?

kdevel kdevel at vogtner.de
Thu Jan 6 22:54:59 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 6 January 2022 at 02:37:41 UTC, frame wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4 January 2022 at 22:17:38 UTC, kdevel wrote:
>
>> Is there any chance to rephrase fsobjects.d such that it
>> becomes a "header only"/"compile only" file of which no object
>> file must be presented to the linker?
>
> You didn't show how you compiled your files.

Oops. Essentially with dmd -c without -i.

> If you want the compiler to only compile, you have to tell it
> via `-c` switch.
> If the linker wants that reference, it's also needed. Maybe you
> forgot the `-i` switch then?

In my setup make decides which file to (re)compile. Just found
that dmd has the option -makedeps which resembles gcc's -M but
theres no -MM to excluded dependencies from system files. Also
gcc -M/-MM does not compile while dmd always generated object
file(s), too. Is there any way to stop this object file
generation?