Undefined reference to "S_ISDIR" and "S_ISREG" when compiling with "-betterC"

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 20:11:06 UTC 2022

On Monday, 10 January 2022 at 19:33:36 UTC, rempas wrote:
> Thanks! It needs to be linked with which library?

That segment of druntime.

You can get dmd to do it for you by using the `-i -i=core.sys`
flags (or maybe just the -i=core.sys thing im not sure i haven't
actually tried).

Or just stop using -brokenD and find joy lol

> In C it doesn't need to be linked with nothing extra than the
> system library that the C compilers already link (unless you
> pass "-nostdlib" of course).

In C, that I_ISDIR is a macro in the header file so there's
nothing to link, it all gets inlined by the preprocessor.