A slice consisting of non-consecutive elements of an array?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 05:27:08 UTC 2022

I am familiar with the concept of a slice in D.

However, a slice is a consecutive slice, is in not? (e.g) [4..$-1]

I would like a slice (or a view, or whatever name you wanna call
it), of particular elements within an array that may not be
consecutive. e.g. [4-7,8,10,13-16]

Consider below:

I want a slice/view on this array that only contains elements
with the string "one".

["one", "one", "two", "one", "two", "one", "one", "two]

Most importantly, I do NOT want to allocate - so the slice/view
needs to be 'referencing'  existing data (not copying it).

Yes, I can hard code it, C style. I already know this.

Does phobos offer something like this?