Starting and managing threads

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 23:42:03 UTC 2022

On 1/12/22 00:50, Bagomot wrote:

 > If I change the run method of the Guard class so that it starts a new
 > thread, the program just does nothing:
 > ```d
 > public void run() {
 >      spawn((shared EventLoop eventLoop) {
 >          while ((cast() eventLoop).loop()) {
 >              continue;

The program does nothing probably because of that continue. (?)

 >          }
 >      }, cast(shared) this.eventLoop);
 > }

So, the event loop is in a separate thread. What should happen when the
events trigger? Do you want this thread to handle the events or should
this thread send a message to the main thread (or perhaps a separate
thread that responds to these events).

Ali