dustmite and Windows file access errors

Anonymouse zorael at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:17:28 UTC 2022

This is maybe more a Windows (11) question than it is a dustmite
one. Semi-OT.

I'm trying to reduce
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/muehtdyjabmjxosmjuvf@forum.dlang.org, and it's Windows so I don't know what I'm doing. After multiple attempts at piecing together a batch tester script that both checks for compiler stderr/stdout *and* the errorlevel of the process, I resigned and wrote a quick thing in D to do it instead.

Off the top of my head;

```d
import std;

static immutable command = `ldc2.exe -flags and stuff copy/pasted
from dub build -v output`
     .replace('\\', '/')
     .split(' ');

int main()
{
     immutable result = execute(command);
     return ((result.code == 5) && !result.output.length) ? 0 : 1;
}
```

Once compiled it seems to work when called manually, and dustmite
accepts it as a tester, but there are a lot of errors output to
the console during actual reduction.

> Error while attempting to delete init.lookahead.3203:
> init.lookahead.3203\source\somefile.d: The process cannot
> access the file because it is being used by another process.
> Error while attempting to rename init.reduced.inprogress to
> init.reduced: Attempting to rename file init.reduced.inprogress
> to init.reduced: Access is denied.

They occur *constantly*, and dustmite halts and waits a full
second each time before retrying, sometimes with the same message
repeated some 5 times. (Meaning access to the file was blocked
for the same 5 seconds.)

Indexing is off for the parent directory. What else can I do?