How to do same as 'nmap' command from within a D program?

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 21:56:13 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 22 January 2022 at 20:55:38 UTC, Daren Scot Wilson
wrote:
> I'm writing a command line program to control certain hardware
> devices. I can hardcode or have in a config file the IP
> addresses for the devices, if I know that info. If I don't?

Depending on the hardware, you might be able to send a broadcast
packet and listen to replies too.

The nmap command you do just does pings to each address in that
range (btw I actually wrote a little module to turn one of those
ranges into a bunch of ip address strings:
https://github.com/adamdruppe/arsd/blob/master/cidr.d ). The
stdlib doesn't have a convenient ping function though.

But yah depending on the hardware you might be able to do udp
broadcasts and such. I had this led tower light thing for a
client I had to set up and that's what i did there - udp
broadcast a config packet, get the list of all the mac addresses,
send config packets to change their ips, and get going.