gdc or ldc for faster programs?

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 19:53:45 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 29 January 2022 at 18:28:06 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> (And now we know gdc can go about 7% faster with additional
> command line switches.)

No, we don't know this yet ;-) That's just what I said and I may
be bullshitting. Or the configuration of my computer is
significantly different from yours and the exact speedup/slowdown
number may be different. So please verify it yourself. You can
edit your `dub.json` file to add the following line to it:

     "dflags-gdc": ["-fno-weak-templates"],

Then rebuild your spellout test program with gdc (just like you
did before), run benchmarks and report results. The
'-fno-weak-templates' option should show up in the gdc invocation
command line.