vectorization of a simple loop -- not in DMD?

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:23:36 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 12 July 2022 at 12:47:26 UTC, bauss wrote:
> Of course if you're alone it doesn't matter, but if it's a
> larger project that will have multiple maintainers then it will
> never work and will tarnish the project entirely.

That's true, i work solo on my project so it doesn't bother me

It definitely is something hard to balance

But one sure thing is that's something you have to monitor every
so often, if you don't, then you end up with poor build speed
that's harder to fix

I wonder if DMD/LDC/GDC have built in tools to profile and track
performance

Rust have this: https://perf.rust-lang.org/

Maybe we need to do something similar