Using "%s" with inputting numberic values

pascal111 judas.the.messiah.111 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 23:12:46 UTC 2022

In the next code, we used "%s" format with receiving an integer
value, while from C experience, we know that we use "%d" or "%i"
formats, so what "%s" stands for here, I guess it's for receiving
string data type?

import std.stdio;

     void main() {
         write("How many students are there? ");

         /* The definition of the variable that will be used to
          * store the information that is read from the input. */
         int studentCount;

         // Storing the input data to that variable
         readf("%s", &studentCount);

         writeln("Got it: There are ", studentCount, " students.");