Some user-made C functions and their D equivalents

pascal111 judas.the.messiah.111 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:58:24 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 28 July 2022 at 13:29:01 UTC, kdevel wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 July 2022 at 12:44:19 UTC, pascal111 wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Do you think it helps the compiler if you put these
>>>
>>> `/******************************************/`
>>>
>>> between your functions? Or is there anybody else who benefits
>>> from it?
>>
>> "Do you think it helps the compiler if you put these"
>> Are you serious? maybe it's useful for compilers with some way.
>
> Precisely in what way? I am not kidding. I am seriously asking
> the question: In what way may a C or C++ compiler benefit from
> lines between functions which contain only comments consisting
> of nothing else than asterisks?

Seriously and accurately, if you meant that, we don't know how
developers of C compilers programmed their compilers, for
example, maybe there's a secret way the developers programmed
their compiler so that a special pattern of comments can have a
particular meaning to the compilers. We don't know! maybe it's
true.