Build for i586

kdevel kdevel at vogtner.de
Thu Jul 28 16:10:39 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 28 July 2022 at 15:25:00 UTC, Alexander Zhirov wrote:
[...]
>>> Everything falls on the same error.
>>>
>>> ```sh
>>> checking for suffix of object files... configure: error: in
>>> `/home/thinstation/source/gcc/12.1.0/build/i586-pc-linux-gnu/libgcc':
>>> configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files:
>>> cannot compile
>>> See `config.log' for more details
>>
>> Have you looked into config.log? The errors are frequently
>> located in the second half of the output.
>
> In general, nothing happened. I've already tried everything.
> Here is the result, posted
> [here](https://pastebin.com/76gnneKZ).

In such cases I usually take the error message, here

``
configure: error: cannot compute suffix of object files:
``

and search with google for it. Google points me to stackoverflow:

<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11502045/gcc-compilation-cannot-compute-suffix-of-object-files-cannot-compile>

```
This issue is caused by dyanmic link library path issue when the
test programs try to link against libmpc/libmpfr/libgmp.

Append below environment variable to allow ld link against the
correct so file:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/path/to/mpc/lib/

Then try build gcc again.
```

Does this help?