"strstr" D equivalent

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 15:06:49 UTC 2022

On Friday, 29 July 2022 at 14:14:54 UTC, pascal111 wrote:
> and if I'm right, with returning back to the definitions of
> "indexOf" @ https://dlang.org/phobos/std_string.html#.indexOf
> we won't find that there is a definition for it with just two
> parameters, so from where you got this new definition of this
> function?!

If you scroll down further, you will see that there is a second
set of overloads for `indexOf`:
https://dlang.org/phobos/std_string.html#.indexOf.2

The reason there are two sets of overloads, with separate
documentation, is that one set searches for a single character in
a string, while the other set searches for a substring in a
string.