Basic SQLite Application

harakim harakim at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:40:43 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 1 June 2022 at 10:57:11 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> BTW:
>
> 	"copyFiles":["lib/sqlite3.lib"]
>

> You don't need that, the .lib is only used while building. You
> might need to copyFiles the .dll though.

It's been a long time since I did any C development, and I have
never done any on windows, but I thought I could statically link
to the .lib at compile time and then I wouldn't need a dll. I'm
fine with using a dll, but I don't know how to get the
corresponding .bin. I'm guessing there is just a c header file.
Is this a case where I would need to make bindings?

As to the issue at hand, I found that bin linked from another
dlang thread where someone was trying to get sqlite working. It
linked to this repository:
https://github.com/buggins/ddbc/tree/master/libs/win64

So when you said it might be the wrong dll, what I did is I
grabbed the dll from there also and it worked. <facepalm>

Thanks for your help once again.