Dynamic Arrays Capacity

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Fri Jun 3 12:49:07 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 2 June 2022 at 20:12:30 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> This statement suggests to me that you have an incorrect
> perception of a string. A string is a pointer paired with a
> length of how many characters after that pointer are valid.
> That's it. `str.ptr` is the pointer to the first element of the
> string.
>
> There isn't a notion of "most recent first element".
>
> -Steve

This isn't correct either, at least with unicode, since 1 byte
isn't equal to 1 character and a character can be several bytes.

I believe it's only true in unicode for utf-32 since all
characters do fit in the 4 byte space they have, but for utf-8
and utf-16 the characters will not be the same size of bytes.