Comparing Exceptions and Errors

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 5 21:27:43 UTC 2022

On 6/5/22 11:03, kdevel wrote:
 > On Sunday, 5 June 2022 at 17:04:49 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
 >> On 6/5/22 08:07, kdevel wrote:
 > [...]
 >> Like many other programmers who include me, Sean Parent may be right.[1]
 >>
 >> Other than being a trivial example to make a point, the code I've
 >> shown may be taking advantage of the "structure of array" optimization.
 >
 > "Premature optimization is ..."

You pulled important phrases like "Sean Parent" and "incidental data
structure" and I countered with "structure of array" but "premature
optimization" finally beat my argument. Wait... No! Proving my example
ineffective does not disprove my argument. So, I take this exchange as a
fun break.

 > It's not "the" assert but another one. Nonetheless I take up the
challenge:

I hereby withdraw my example.

Ali