UI Library

harakim harakim at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 01:20:17 UTC 2022

On Friday, 20 May 2022 at 12:07:46 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 20 May 2022 at 03:47:14 UTC, harakim wrote:
>> Thank you. I will definitely give that a try.
> But just ask me if something comes up since I can push fixes to
> master p quickly.

I have been using the minigui library and it's working well for
me. Thank you for creating it. I decided to throw together a bar
chart, but it has been was more complicated than I gave it credit
for. I am breaking it up into multiple nested widgets.

The issue I'm having is that I don't understand how to assign
bounds in the nested widget. I'm sure there's a very clean
solution. I basically want a paintContent method but with the
bounds dynamically assigned by the parent. My thought is:
1. Create a setBounds on the child
2. Call setBounds on the child from inside paintContent of the
parent
3. Instead of using paintContent in the child, use paint and use
the bounds specified there

but that seems kind of off because I pass the bounds from parent
to child separate from having the bounds in the child and it is
not intuitive that the bounds would always be set by the parent
before the child is painted. If there is a more elegant solution,
then I will use it. Otherwise, this solution will work fine with
some comments.