Run a command-line process with data sent, and retrieve the data.

Christopher Katko ckatko at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 03:50:04 UTC 2022

On Friday, 10 June 2022 at 17:49:20 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 6/10/22 10:40, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>
> >    https://dlang.org/library/std/process/pipe_process.html
>
> I realized you may be happier with the following if all you
> need is stdout:
>
>   https://dlang.org/library/std/process/execute.html
>   https://dlang.org/library/std/process/execute_shell.html
>
> Ali

pipeShell works great! It even allowed me to keep the process
running "live" in a streaming mode which was going to be a later
modification so I don't have to keep invoking it over and over.

I'm using it at the moment, to run a prettyprinter for a console
output, but one prettyprinter just straight up calls Python
Pygments which can run in streaming mode and while it was
surprisingly fast being called for every single line, it's
certainly going to be faster without the overhead of constantly
spawning a python instance.

Thanks!