UI Library

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 22:22:33 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 11 June 2022 at 21:44:17 UTC, harakim wrote:
> I tried the solution I suggested and it did not work because
> the child would occlude the parent (which is in the comments
> now that I see it.)

yeah minigui's model is to tile the widgets; they aren't supposed
to overlap (except their parent, but then they cover the parent)

> I decided to stick to simpledisplay strictly and forgo using
> the minigui library for the time being, and that is working
> well.

Yeah, nested widgets are something i sometimes use btu more often
then not, i'll make the whole display for a thing - say a graph -
just be a single widget and paint it in there.

A simpledisplay window's paint code can generally be pasted into
a single minigui widget's paint code without much modification
(the minigui WidgetPainter actually is a subclass of
simpledisplay's ScreenPainter)