UI Library

harakim harakim at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 19:30:26 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 11 June 2022 at 21:50:47 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 June 2022 at 01:20:17 UTC, harakim wrote:
>> The issue I'm having is that I don't understand how to assign
>> bounds in the nested widget. I'm sure there's a very clean
>> solution. I basically want a paintContent method but with the
>> bounds dynamically assigned by the parent.
>
> Well the bounds given to paintContent just define your content
> area boundaries, relative to the nested widget. The content
> area is inside its own border. The actual position is assigned
> by the parent (the virtual function there is
> recomputeChildLayout, you can override that to arrange instead
> of letting it automatically fill the space).

The recomputeChildLayout method is the answer I was looking for.

You describe copying the paint method into the paint content
method. I did the exact opposite and copied from the paintContent
method to the paint method and it worked. I am getting pretty
comfortable with using simple display, but I will probably look
to minigui in the future. This application is just for me to use
so I don't need interactive buttons and so forth.

Thanks for making these libraries available. I'm also using your
sqllite and http2 modules so far. :)