ePub/Mobi/AZW3/PDF of Phobos Runtime Library

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 19:06:48 UTC 2022

On 6/28/22 2:42 PM, Marcone wrote:
> I love programming in D. D is my favorite programming language. I'm not
> a professional programmer, but I love to program. I would like to learn
> D deeply. Most programming languages have a PDF/CHM/MOBI/ePub version of
> the standard library. But D still doesn't have such a portable version
> of the Phobos Runtime Library. I humbly ask you to make available a
> portable version of the Phobos library, to better disseminate the D
> programming language.

We used to have this, it wasn't used, and keeping it building was a
drain on resources. What is wrong with the online docs? What
dissemination do you think could happen if we had it in these formats
that's going to reach people more than the HTML version?

Note that the zipfile has a complete copy of the documentation in html
format.

-Steve