gcopt=fork:1

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 15:30:53 UTC 2022

On 3/2/22 07:11, Anonymouse wrote:

 > It didn't work well for me; the process hung in
 > `__memcpy_avx_unaligned_erms` when profiling under valgrind/callgrind,
 > during the first collection.

And it showed worse pause performance in a micro-benchmark program that
I wrote that ran only for 10 seconds. But perhaps that worse pause was
only on one of the threads so maybe I was better overall. (?)

Before getting to conclusions, does anyone have a GC benchmark program
that demonstrates issues with D's GC? I am thinking, a separate driver
program can pipeProcess() the benchmark program and measure pipe
interaction latency. However, I am not convinced the benchmark program I
wrote causes long pauses: The GC profiler reports 6ms (or so) pauses at
most. Can we write a program that puts the blame on D's GC.

Thank you,
Ali