How to exclude function from being imported in D language?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 8 20:45:47 UTC 2022

On 3/8/22 12:12, BoQsc wrote:

 > I think D Language needs and lacks conditional compilation condition and
 > attribute of "exclude".

It may be so but this need wouldn't exist if either the first program
were written in a modular way to begin with or have been refactored to
be so as needed (at an earlier time or as you need it now):

- main.d contains main() and the high level program logic

- foo.d contains constructs that main.d uses

The other program is similar:

- main.d contains main() etc.

- bar.d imports 'foo' from the other program

I continuously refactor my programs in that way as they get more
complicated and as parts of them get used by other programs.

 > The exclude keyword

I am not aware of that feature in other languages.

Ali