arsd-minigui - couple of questions

Sai sai at dummy.com
Mon Mar 28 21:10:47 UTC 2022

On Monday, 28 March 2022 at 18:03:32 UTC, Adam Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 28 March 2022 at 17:00:42 UTC, sai wrote:
>> 1. I assume arsd-minigui library does not support transparent
>> images by itself, does it? I am trying to show a png image
>> with transparent areas on a button, but those transparent
>> areas shows as black color.
>
> Well, I tried forwarding the flag, I can custom draw it this
> way but the standard Windows button's normal draw doesn't
> appear to care...
>
> There might be a trick I just don't know, but the problem is I
> don't know it lol.

Thanks for the reply and the help.

FWIW, DWT which uses native controls on windows can show
transparent pngs and also both image & text at the same time.
However I had to add the following app.exe.manifest file in the
same folder as the app.exe file. Otherwise it only shows text or
image but not both. Not sure if this helps, but just want to let
you know. Honestly I have no idea how this works under the hood.

```
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"
manifestVersion="1.0">
   <assemblyIdentity
       version="1.0.0.0"
       processorArchitecture="X86"
       name="-"
       type="win32"
       />
   <description></description>
   <dependency>
     <dependentAssembly>
       <assemblyIdentity
           type="win32"
           name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
           version="6.0.0.0"
           processorArchitecture="*"
           publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df"
           language="*"