What are (were) the most difficult parts of D?

Christopher Katko ckatko at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:07:12 UTC 2022

Is there any way we can get numbered errors like C++ / Microsoft
have?

  E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly

Because then we could easily have a wiki for common error cases
with code snippets of it occurring, and a fix for it. Common
triggers of this error vs the proper code.

And a neat feature that Allegro.cc does, it automatically scans
forum posts for usages of Allegro functions (e.g.
al_draw_bitmap() man page will include links to posts that ask
about al_draw_bitmap and has a Yes/No question next to it "was
this a helpful post" so you can remove bad matches). Here it
would be even easier than matching random questions because error
codes are specific string literals ("E2040") and not some sort of
regex attempt to match someone asking a question about 'R[][][]
datatypes' or something like that.

Here is an example:

https://www.allegro.cc/manual/5/al_draw_bitmap

and an C++ error page: