What are (were) the most difficult parts of D?

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Tue May 17 11:59:10 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 11:53:40 UTC, zjh wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 11:50:30 UTC, zjh wrote:
>
>> Right,GC is a bad idea!
>
> Endless use of memory without freeing.
> It's totally unreasonable waste.

It's not really endless use of memory and it does free. Depending
on the strategy then it does so at different times, such as when
allocating, but not enough memory has been allocated already.

The problem with GC is that the lifetime sometimes exceed what's
expected.

Personally I don't have a problem with the GC.