decimal type in d

vit vit at vit.vit
Tue May 17 18:24:40 UTC 2022

On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 09:59:41 UTC, bauss wrote:
> On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 09:46:57 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
>> On Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 13:26:30 UTC, vit wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> This also something I wondered, it should be standard in the D
>> library. Implementing it can be done straight forward with
>> existing D language primitives, essentially a struct.
>>
>> For those who don't know, decimal in C# is like a floating
>> point value but the exponent is a power of 10 (internally
>> total 16 bytes). This means that for "simple" mathematics
>> rational decimal values remains rational decimals values and
>> not some rounded value that would happen if you would use
>> normal floating point values. The decimal type is essential
>> for financial calculations.
>>
>> I think D can more or less copy the C# solution.
>
> Here's the implementation if anyone needs it:
>
> https://referencesource.microsoft.com/#mscorlib/system/decimal.cs,1b2858baf311cbf9
>
> Should be fairly straightforward to implement.

Thanks, but it is not full implementation of decimal, arithmetic
operator are missing.

On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 16:41:33 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 5/15/22 9:26 AM, vit wrote:
>> Hello, I want read decimal type from sql db, do some
>> arithmetic operations inside D program and write it back to
>> DB. Result need to be close to result as if this operations
>> was performed in sql DB. Something like C# decimal.
>> Exists this kind of library ind D? (ideally `pure @safe @nogc
>> nothrow`).
>
> https://code.dlang.org/search?q=decimal
>
> -Steve

Thanks, most of the packages are incomplete or too old (doesn't
compile), but this one https://code.dlang.org/packages/decimal
can by modified to work for my use.