What are (were) the most difficult parts of D?

Johan j at j.nl
Sat May 21 19:00:04 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 06:28:10 UTC, cc wrote:
> On Monday, 16 May 2022 at 15:08:15 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> For anything performance-related, I don't even look at dmd, I
>> use LDC all the way. DMD is only useful for fast
>> compile-run-debug cycle, I don't even look at performance
>> numbers for DMD-produced executables, it doesn't mean anything
>> to me.
>
> According to the dlang.org wiki entry for LDC:
>
>> druntime/Phobos support is most likely lacking (and probably
>> requires a new version predefined by the compiler).
>
> So I'm not touching it for now.

Lol, what?
Don't misquote the wiki about LDC. If you can run DMD on your
architecture, LDC has full support too.
The "lacking druntime/phobos support" is about architectures that
are _not_ x86, x86_64, ARM, AArch64, PowerPC, MIPS, WebAssembly.
DMD supports only a subset of what LDC (and GDC) support.

-Johan