What are (were) the most difficult parts of D?

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Sun May 22 20:22:37 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 22 May 2022 at 20:11:12 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

> On 23/05/2022 8:05 AM, Chris Piker wrote:
>>> Vibe.d is well tested against the frontend.
>>>
>>> Its part of dmd's test suite.
>>>
>>> See: https://buildkite.com/dlang/dmd/builds/26775
>> Thanks, that's handy.  Do you know where the equivalent test
>> suite is for gdc?
>
> No idea.
>
> I've pinged Iain, because you are certainly at that point that
> is well past my knowledge of GDC. Not something I use, as it
> isn't exactly easy to use on Windows, plus LDC has some pretty
> awesome features.

Hey thanks!  I bet LDC is pretty cool, have to look into it
sometime.  For now at my site just introducing D is a bit
radical, don't want to capsize the boat by leaving the gcc
toolchain altogether.  I'm willing to help out with GDC work were
I can, at least by being a bleeding-edge tester if nothing else.