Compiler switch for integer comparison/promotion to catch a simple error

frame frame86 at live.com
Mon May 30 16:32:09 UTC 2022

On Monday, 30 May 2022 at 13:15:12 UTC, bauss wrote:

> Good luck convincing Walter that this is a mistake :)

Well, I'm not talking about this is a mistake, just a C-thing I
think. I wouldn't even ask him about that since it's in the spec.

If I could I would just clone a DMD build, disable output of the
binary and just add flags to analyze this and other things to
check wanted by the community.

Just a tool to check for additional bugs running before release -
that of course would produce also false positives and should not
be in the official compiler. But I'm far too unexperienced to
understand the compiler and implement this - I wonder if anyone
else ever had this idea?