A strange DMD error

Keivan Shah keivan.shah at silverleafcaps.com
Tue Nov 1 15:49:54 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 15:42:43 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 15:40:04 UTC, Keivan Shah wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Today I came across a strange bug while using D with `dmd`. I
>> have still not been able to figure out under what conditions
>> does it happen but it seems to be a DMD related bug to me.
>> Here is a reproducible snippet of the code
>>
>> [...]
>
> Could be there's some restriction in DMD on number of arguments.
>
> May I ask if this was just an experiment? I hope you're not
> having code like that in the wild 🙏

Possible, but I think I have had code with more arguments than
this and it has worked 😅

Unfortunately, not an experiment. Although have replaced the
types so seems silly now, this is part of my constructor for a
huge co-coordinator class that takes too many configurable start
time parameters and so need to pass these many arguments.

Keivan