Make IN Dlang

JN 666total at wp.pl
Wed Nov 2 15:08:36 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 1 November 2022 at 23:40:22 UTC, Christian Köstlin
wrote:
>                  sh("touch %s".format(t.name));

One of the problems of many Make-like tools is that they offer
lots of freedom, especially when allowing you to launch arbitrary
shell commands. But this also comes with drawbacks, because this
touch command will instantly break Windows builds, might also be
a problem on some non-Linux platforms like macOS. Declarative
approach from tools like dub might be restrictive, but it also
lets me as a user know that I can download an arbitrary dub
project and 99% chance it will just compile out of the box on
Windows.