ImportC linking issue

confuzzled con at fuzzled.com
Sat Nov 12 10:02:12 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 12 November 2022 at 08:43:13 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Saturday, 12 November 2022 at 02:45:52 UTC, confuzzled wrote:
>
> The linker doesn't care if the libraries are C or D, and the
> compiler is only involved in that you can pass flags to the
> linker via the compiler command line.

Mike, first of all, thanks for the in depth response. That all
makes sense. The issue I'm having is this: having made sure the
two dependencies are available and building the
libxlsxio_reader.a from the source without errors, why would I
need to hunt down all the dependencies from that library to
include them in my program?

I figured that importing the header and passing libxlsxio_read.a
on the command line would be enough? Why would I have to search
for libcrypto, libminizip, libexpat, and more that I haven't even
figured out what library they are? I thought those dependencies
would already be linked into libxlsxio_read.a which is a
statically linked library.

I guess my noob is showing a lot. Again, thanks for your
assistance.

confuzzled!!!