Using glibc headers with ImportC

qua quanrong1 at 1mailbox1.org1removethe1s
Sat Nov 12 14:39:14 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 12 November 2022 at 14:14:06 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> No, it isn't. And it probably never will.
>
> importC looks for a .c file in the current directory. It is
> that .c file's responsibility to #include whatever .h files you
> want.

Okay, thanks, got it. However, I'm still having issues to get it
to compile.
I have tried the example in the importc page and it compiles (and
works) well. However, I can't get any example with `#include` to
compile, including the simple hello.c in the importc page:

```
#include <stdio.h>
int main()
{
   printf("hello world\n");
   return 0;
}
```

I get the following errors:

```
hello.c(1): Error: identifier or `(` expected
hello.c(5): Error: identifier or `(` expected
hello.c(6): Error: identifier or `(` expected
```

Do I have to do anything else? I've read that importc doesn't
have a preprocessor and I assume it is related to that, however
"ImportC can automatically run the C preprocessor associated with
the Associated C Compiler". Is it necessary to enable or specify
it in some way?
Thanks for your help.