does dmd --build=profile-gc work with core.stdc.stdlib.exit()?

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 18:48:42 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm mem-profiling a multi-threaded program, and want it to exit
early, so I added a call
```
core.stdc.stdlib.exit(-1);
```

in a loop in one of the thread.

However when the program reached this point, it seems hang: it's
not exiting, and CPU usage dropped to 0%.

I'm wondering does dmd --build=profile-gc work with
core.stdc.stdlib.exit()?

And where is the output report file, and the filename? I didn't
see any report file generated in the current working dir.

BTW, can --build=profile-gc can intercept "Ctrl+C" and generate
*partial* report file?

And what's the suggested proper way to do early exit, and still
let --build=profile-gc generate reports?

Thanks!