Proper way to exit with specific exit code?

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 22:17:32 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 13 November 2022 at 22:06:09 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 November 2022 at 21:37:47 UTC, mw wrote:
>> On Sunday, 13 November 2022 at 21:16:32 UTC, mw wrote:
>>
>>> I even tried core.stdc.stdlib.exit(-1), it does not work.
>>
>> Tried
>> ```
>> import core.runtime;
>>    Runtime.terminate();
>>    core.stdc.stdlib.exit(-1);
>> ```
>>
>> Still does not work.
>
> I have no idea why it would fail. What about assert(0)?

I guess these two calls somehow only terminate the calling thread
(? this is strange for core.stdc.stdlib.exit), the whole program
just hangs after the call, and can only be terminated by `kill
-9`.

I have to manually go thru each of the treads and plug in some
kind of early exit logic to stop the whole program.

Will try assert(0) later.