Can we ease WASM in D ?

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 23:23:48 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 23:16:26 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> You mean with Phobos and everything included?  I think there
> may be issues with that...

Yes, this is a problem, but I think I have a solution: defer GC
runs until javascript is running. There's also some llvm features
that might fix it.

If I had a spare day I think I could play with it.

> Which actually gave me the idea of a D-based framework that
> uses compile-time introspection, etc., to auto-generate the
> necessary JS glue code (e.g., as a pre-compile step[1]) so that
> the user does not actually have to write any JS manually for
> things to work.

Sebastiaan Koppe generates the D/JS glue code from web standards.
I've done it more dynamically inside D itself (exposing an `eval`
hook on the JS side).

Sebastiaans: https://github.com/skoppe/spasm

mine:
http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2020_08_10.html