Is defining get/set methods for every field overkill?

Andrey Zherikov andrey.zherikov at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 10:12:50 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 19 November 2022 at 09:51:09 UTC, []() {}() wrote:
> no. in C# it breaks ABI. that is why its not acceptable in my
> team.

Every company works differently. Yours are using .net and (I
guess) ships dlls so you must care about ABI with existing
software. In my company we use static linking so the only ABI
compatibility we care about is with libc.

> I expect it would also break ABI in D.

I'd like to know the answer so I hope someone from D core step in
and shed a light on it.